Wednesday, September 29, 2010

"My parents used to give me pocket money for a snack with the Shinchonji people before PD note was on air."

Hello. I am a youth of Shinchonji church in Deajeon. A few month ago, I was forced to take a conversion education. At the beginning of April, through my friend, I found out that my parents had registered for the conversion education. To tell more in detail, my parents contacted S church in Jochiwon through the parents of my friend A who goes same church with me and they had a conversion counseling there.

I heard the news from A who was told about it from his parents, and also he told me that my parents would use sleeping pill or anesthesia to take me to the place. And in the process of counseling, my parents were told by the conversion pastor that they should act nice to make me feel safe so that they can take me to the place on the day of conversion education.

Also, by taking the advice from a person who they met on the internet site, which slanders Shinchonji, they protested against Shinchonji on the Children's day in Gwacheon.

In addition, on 8th of May, the parents' day, around 4:30 am, my mother woke me up and gave me a drink and told me to drink it. I stoped drinking and spilt it out it when I realized there were some powders in it. It was the sleeping pill powder that they had put in.

After few hours, my parents told me to go to the grand parents' house with them since it was a patent's day. I felt something was going on but I decided to go them to see my grand parents.

On the way to my grand parents' house, at Tanjin stop, while I was sleeping in the car, my parents were out for a while to talk.

When I woke up again, we already passed my grand parents' house. I asked my parents that why we are not heading to the grand parents' house and If we are going to Jochiwon. They admitted it and try to take me there.

I resisted strongly to not go there and tried to get off from the car. My mother move to the back seat from the front and try to take my cell phone away. But I made a call to Shinchonji and let them know about situation.

Then my parents called the conversion pastor and asked him what to do. They kept going to Jochiwon and tried to oppress me when we arrived.

I ran away. I didn't even have my shoes on, kept running and at the moment I almost grabbed a taxi, my parents and the conversion pastor who fallow me from the S church got me. I was tied up on the road. My parents treated me like a criminal and the conversion pastor was just looking at the situation. I said that it is an aiding arrest, and he said he has nothing to do with it.

Finally, they put me in a S church's car and the man, who said he has nothing to do with the situation, started to drive the car. I screamed, cried out that I do not want to go but no one in the car listened to me.

When we reached to the S church, the conversion pastor K told to move to the other place. My parents asked where it is, and he said there is a building for the education and started to drive. So, the man who insisted that he has nothing to do with all these, has prepared a place and took all of us to there. To see my parents' behavior that continuously asking and following what he says, it seems obvious that he directed all these.

I was moved to Y church and they continued the education. Though how hard and loud I cry to let me to, no one cared. I said that they have no right to hold me here but they forced me to take a education. I was tied up my compression bandage and the education was continued.

What was worse is that they made me to use sink as toilet because they thought I might run away on my way to restroom. My mom, even hit me with a pan when I resisted to her saying that how can anyone teat a human being like this. I tried to run away again, and my aunt and father hole me with arms and my mom hit me with mop. While we are struggling, my phone got broken hit by the mop. The conversion pastor, who kept saying that he is not part of this situation, just watched us fighting without doing anything and continued the education when I became calm. No matter how strongly I resist, they continued. My parents, also insisted that I will not be able to leave if I don't finish the education.

What was in the text was all just about criticizing shinchonji subjectively with saying that shinchonji is religious fraud mob, and I am being cheated.

I knew all they say was lie, but my parents who believe what they say become act more harsh on me. What they says confused my parent's mind just like poison of a snake.

The education continued for 3 days and they kept watching on me.

In the afternoon of the third day, they finally untied my arm. And a person from the Meeting of Shinchoji Victims came and told me to watch the information that slanders Shinchonji. I refused and they attacked me with highly threatening speech and I got very stressed out mentally and physically.

I am not sure that if my parents had money for the education but according to what they said, they didn't pay because it didn't work and used the money buying my new cell phone. From that, I can guess that they have prepared about 150~200 thousand won for the conversion education.

Is this the country which has freedom of religion? The one that locks down some people in an unfamiliar place and forces to take a conversion education which they don't even want? The fact that ignoring not only the law of Korea but also human rights happens so easily makes me scared.

It had been 5 years since I started to attend shinchonji, and my parents have known that for 4 years. My parents let me go shinchonji and sometimes even gave me a ride.

But after watching the PD Note and CBS program that criticizes shinchonji on TV, they started to consider about taking a conversion education and since then, struggle between me and my parent got deeper and deeper.

Conversion paster and criticizing cites tell that shinchonji causes misunderstanding between parents and a child, but the truth is not that. My parents misunderstood me not because of shinchonji but them, and it made me write this paper with sorrowful mind.


I hope whoever reads this paper understands me and take care in hot weather.

Please listen to such a letter of plea, and realize that a frog dies because of someone's carelessly thrown stone. I want people know this situation in my shoes, not for a religious person but for a citizen of this country, I really hope the world that one can live with safety.

No comments:

Post a Comment