Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Second Press conference on Priests' Declaration of Conscience



Korean Priests Association for Countermeasure of Shinchonji (KPACS) had a press interview for the second whistle-blowing on 30th, at 2:00 pm, at the Seoul Young Korean Academy building.

This press interview was consist of 'the presentation of Shinchonji doctrine research', testimony of the representative of ministers, showing a video related to the illegal conversion education and speech of victims, comparison of doctrine and suggestion for a forum for the Revelation debate. Also it was a time to making their position for those who suspect on their investigation on Shinchonji on October 18th.

KPMCS is consist of priests who got together to confirm the facts about Shinchonji rumor related to heresy problems in Christian religion. Their plan was to sneak into Shinchonji, hiding their identity, and announce what they have found through press conference.

"Being a priest, I couldn't give any clear answers to any of my saints, even to myself, and I always felt bad about it. It was my burden in my heart." The priest Jung Gum-sub, who gave speech on testimony, said "I went through many books to find answers for the questions but each annotation has different opinions and none of them I could give credit."

They forced saints to not go to Shinchonji by showing them PD Note, a program from MBC, and stopped those who learn the Bible to not come to their church officially.

The priest Jung also said, "Admit this for yourself. Check on my reports to see if it is true or not. As a priest, I had to inform other priests about this. I really hope all of you make right judgments."

Also, Park, Sang-ik, the representative of Victims of Forced Conversion Association, declared strongly that the government has disregarded the signature campaign against the forced conversion from 13,000 people since July, 2008 and said that where should they go to talk about their situation. He notified the illegal examples of forced conversion through videos.

One of the victim, a deacon Lee Hye Kyung said "When I think of that time, I still get so angry and feel so wrong and will never get rid of these feelings." and "We should deprive priests' certificates of those who destroy family and violate human rights through forced conversion and punish them by thorough investigation. She also said that this government needs safety regulations to prevent any of such victims like her.

Park Jung-hee, the priest of KPACS compared views of Korean and foreign priests through doctrine and said "How can I say true to false and false to true." and "Saints should know about the difference of each priests."

No comments:

Post a Comment