Sunday, December 5, 2010

From the church of love to shinchonji




I lived in a church when I was a little kid. It was because of my parents. They worked and lived in a church so it was usual for me. My religious faith wasn't that deep but I participated in church activities a lot with my friends as I grow up.
I attended spiritual revival bible class, bible school and etc. I looked for words and tried to fallow the words but I always found myself back in the same place. The words I had met was so difficult that I couldn't understand and seemed like it wasn't really to my life. At the moment, the pastor of my church was very famous and always used Hebrew when he gives a speech. Almost every saints didn't understand the Hebrew used speech but seemed very proud of having Hebrew speaking man as a pastor.

After I got married, I moved to Seoul, changed uncomfortable church, and went to several famous big churches every week. Yoido Full Gospel Church, Somang Church, Church of Love, Onnuri Church and Samil church. It was repeatable life. Surely, it was fun to listen to famous pastors' services, but after listening them several times, I found them more about examples and testimonies than explaining the bible. In my small opinion, many pastors depend on how to tell stories more fun and dramatically to give differences from others'. Of course they used annotation to explain history, lesson or prediction but those words didn't stay in me and left me more curiosities.

Meanwhile I got a chance to attend Happy News Mission meeting and heard about forgiveness of sin and being born again but it was still not enough for me to resolve my questions. It was not talking about the whole text but parts as if it was the whole.

Am I doing good as a truly religious person or not? How would I look when God looks at me? I was wonder. Though I read bible, though I go to church, I was not convinced but confused. But, still I looked for churches every weeks.
One day, my wife told me to not go this and that churches but recommended me to meet someone who teaches bible in a systematical way. So I met this words through the missionary. What more surprising me was that though I have heard words for many years in recent churches, it sounded new to me. The parable Jesus told was solved and it was very marvelous to me.
This is how parables are solved. It was very shocking as itself. So. I looked up my father's annotation to see how it solves, but it was all about history or vocabulary and not about deep meanings. What each annotations has was only different opinions or thoughts but any parables or heaven's secret and it only made me more confused.
However when I learned about the bible from the missionary, it was very easy and interesting and I tried not to miss a word.
I didn't read the bible because I thought it was difficult, but I am so happy to know the secret of heaven now. No matter how many times I heard, it is nothing that can come from the ordinary churches and I really thank God for letting me know about it. Can not be compared with any popular pastors who speak on TV. I have realized again that only this word is alive, and spares our souls.
Wile learning the word, when I realized that it is from the God's promise world 12 tribes, shinchonji, I continued learning and come to shinchonji without any hesitation. When I recollect that time, I really thank to those who taught me this word.

2 comments: